- dalugetravel.com/ Daluge Travel is based out of Madison, Wisconsin and offers vacation rental cabins/homes in northern Wisconsin as well as group travel opportunities to destinations around the world.
- www.travelguard.com/ Travel Guard offers three levels of travel insurance coverage. You can compare coverage levels and pricing on our most popular levels with our coverage level comparison tool.
- insuremytrip.com insuremytrip Explore and Compare Travel Insurance
Ski Destinations, Tips & Instruction:
- http://skiing.about.com/ Skiing Tips These skiing tips and techniques will help you get started on the ski slopes if you’re a beginner, and refine your technique if you’re a more experienced skier.
- http://www.bumpsforboomers.com/ Bumps for Boomers Welcome to the BUMPS FOR BOOMERS ® mogul technique learning center. Here you will find detailed information on what you need to know to become a successful mogul and powder skier.
- http://mountainyahoos.com Mountain Yahoos An extensive guide to ski resorts, equipment, and clothing.
Special Interest Ski Club Links:
- 70plusskiclub.org 70+ Ski Club Since 1977, 70+ Ski Club members have enjoyed free and discounted skiing, developed lasting friendships, and skied together at resorts worldwide.
- www.seniorsskiing.com SeniorsSkiing is an online magazine for the 50+ skier and snowboarder. We bring Ski News, advice on Destinations, Gear, Health and provide a Nostalgic look at ski history and heroes. Look to us for special offers, discount information and updates on what other seniors are doing to optimize their skiing and riding experiences.
How to Avoid Altitude Sickness:
- http://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/106686/how-to-avoid-altitude-sickness-on-high-elevation-ski-trips How to Avoid Altitude Sickness on High Elevation Ski Trips
- http://www.powderhounds.com/USA/Ski-Colorado/Altitude-Sickness.aspx Altitude Sickness
- http://www.skisilverthorne.com/adapt-to-elevation-changes.php 9 Ways to Adapt Yourself to the Elevation in Breckenridge, CO
- http://thevacationgals.com/how-to-avoid-altitude-sickness-when-traveling-in-the-mountains/ How to Avoid Altitude Sickness When Traveling in the Mountains
- http://www.ski-ski-ski.com/TipsAltitude.html Altitude and mountain sickness tips for skiers and snowboarders
Links to Ski and Snowboard clubs within 100 miles from Madison, WI.
Madison Area Ski Clubs:
- with the Madison Area Ski Club
Wisconsin Ski Clubs:
- www.ski-ski-ski.com/WI_Clubs.html Wisconsin ski and snowboard clubs.
- www.blackhawkskiclub.org/ Blackhawk Ski Club, Middleton, WI. Blackhawk Ski Club has a mission to teach young people life-long competitive, outdoor sports. These sports include: alpine skiing, ski jumping, snowboarding, cross country skiing, biathlon, Nordic combined, and mountain biking. Our club is incorporated as a non-stock, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization located in the Town of Middleton, Wisconsin, immediately west of Madison. We are a group of families and single members who thoroughly enjoy outdoor sports.
- www.gelandesprung.org/ The Gelandesprung Ski Club of Green Bay. The Gelandesprung Ski Club of Green Bay is a local non-profit organization of skiing enthusiasts who banded together over 45 years ago to enjoy downhill skiing and other year-round activities. Gelandesprung Ski Club membership is open to adults of age 21 or over.
- hoofersns.org/ Hoofer Ski and Snowboard Club, University of Wisconsin Union. Our members enjoy trips to local hills such as Tyrol Basin as well as out west to ski resorts in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and more! A membership costs $40 and is good for the entire school year. You receive a free hat or bandana with membership sign up! Sweet! With this purchase you also receive amazing discounted local, Midwest, out west winter and spring break trips, as well as access to our teams and the cheap and fun education program. You must be a member of SnS to participate in those events.
- www.redeyeskiclub.org/ The Red Eye Ski & Snowboard Club is based in Eau Claire Wisconsin, and meets regularly for the purpose of promoting and enjoying down hill skiing and snowboarding. The club plans social activities throughout the year, but its primary focus is organizing group ski trips. Open to anyone that likes to ski or snowboard, we’re always looking for new members. Just fill out the application form on our membership page and join the fun!
- sitzmark.org/ Sitzmark Ski Club of Milwaukee, Inc. is a ski, recreational and social organization providing affordable activities for Its members who are adults, 21 and over, from Southeastern Wisconsin.
- www.slyfoxskiclub.org/ Sly Fox Ski & Snowboard Club, Appleton Wisconsin, We offer sports-oriented adults, ages 21 and over, the opportunity to participate in recreational activities in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere year round. We ski the Midwest, Western & Internationally. Always well organized by our experienced leaders.
- snomadwi.tripod.com/ Snowmads Ski and Snowboard Club
The Snomads Ski club is celebrating its thirty third anniversary this year. On March 1, 1971 the ski club known as Wis-Ski-A-Go-Go changed its name to the Snomads Ski Club. We had fun then and are still having a great time.
We are about 85 members strong from a one time high of about 300.
- www.schussboomers-wi.com/ The Schussboomers Ski and Snowboard Club services the Milwaukee area with skiing, snowboarding, and social activities. Children are welcome on our trips.
- www.vagabondskiclub.com/ Vagabond Ski and Social Club. Active adults having Fun. Membership consists of singles and married couples. If you are at least 21 lyears of age, you are eligible to become a member.
Illinois Ski Clubs:
- www.skicmsc.com/ Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council. CMSC is a not for profit organization with 70 member clubs throughout the Chicago metropolitan area and neighboring states, representing over 10,000 skiers and snowboarders.
- www.powderdogs.org/ Powder Dogs Ski and Snowboard Club. The Powder Dogs Ski and Snowboard Club is a non profit organization that provides social activities for their members. Most members are from the NW suburbs of Chicago. The Powder Dogs is the only ski and snowboard club in McHenry county. While skiing and snowboarding is the club’s main focus, the Powder Dogs provide social activities year round.
- www.skiclubchicago.com/, www.ski50.com Chicagoland Club 50 Ski & Sports. Chicagoland Club 50 — Ski & Sports, was created especially to satisfy the preferences and lifestyles of adults over 50. We’ve developed our own friendly style of ski trips and year-round activities.
- fourwindsski.org/ Four Winds Ski, Ride and Socialize
- www.hustlersskiclub.com/ Hustlers Ski Club The Hustlers Ski Club is a member of the Chicago Metropolitan Ski Council (CMSC). This year we are celebrating over 50 years of social activities (not just limited to SKIING). Our schedule has something for everyone, skiers and non-skiers alike.
- www.skiibex.com/ Ibex Ski and Snowboard Club. Meeting in the Northwest Suburbs, Ibex is a group of about 170 highly sociable people that enjoy outdoor activities. We offer outstanding skiing vacation trips to North American and European destinations and have an active off season schedule.
- www.jolietskiclub.org/ Joliet Ski Club. We are a Family Orientated Ski Club for all ages.
- www.lincolnparkskiclub.org/ Lincoln Park Ski Club. The club has been in operation for over forty years and is managed by an all volunteer board of directors. Our nearly 200 members are extremely active, interested in meeting new people and making new friends. In addition to skiing, the club offers a golf league and road bike outings during the warmer months.
- www.chicagonomads.com/ Chicago Nomad Ski, Snowboard, And Social Club. The Chicago Nomads have had a strong presence in the Southwest suburbs for nearly 55 years as an active ski club. But “ski club” doesn’t really define the Nomads, and it hasn’t since its beginnings in 1961. Even its earliest members weren’t content to just ski together during the winter months, so a variety of social and year ‘round activities have always been part of the club’s profile.
- www.pinepointskiclub.com/ Pine Point Ski Club is an athletic, recreational and social club of about 200 members. We schedule several Western ski trips annually as well as a number of local Midwest ski trips. Most of our members are between the ages of 25 and 55, are single, and live throughout the Chicago area. We also have a number of married couples, some having first met at the club!
- www.skisanctuary.org/ Sanctuary Ski & Snowboard Club Because Sanctuary Ski Club is a not-for profit organization run by volunteers, we can offer trips at great group rates! If you like biking, camping, golfing, snowboarding, downhill skiing, foreign travel or just hanging out with friends… WE ARE THE CLUB FOR YOU!
- www.sitzmarkskiclub.com/ Sitzmark Ski Club, headquartered in Mundelein, IL. Sitzmark Ski Club is a medium size club with over 80 adult members. Our members span a wide range of ages, singles and married. We schedule mainly adult outings, and multiple family events. We are a long established club that started in Libertyville, Illinois in 1946.
- skunkhollowskiclub.com/ Skunk Hollow Ski and Snowboard Club. We are one of the Chicago area’s leading Ski & Snowboard Clubs. Our membership spans the entire Chicago metropolitan area and our meetings are held in Arlington Heights, IL. Our 100+ membership is comprised of men and women over 21 years of age who enjoy adventure and social activities throughout the year. We’re large enough to offer reasonably priced trips and activities throughout the year, yet small enough to maintain our friendly personality.
- www.snowseekers.org/ Snowseekers Ski & Snowboard Club of Illinois. Our club was started in Waukegan Illinois in 1964. We currently reside in Mundelein, but have members around the country.
Our main activities are skiing and snowboarding. To that end we offer two western trips, sometimes three, each season. We also offer at least one Midwest trip.