December 3, 2017, due to a historic lack of early snow in the Wasatch Mountains, the Snowbird/Alta trip has been rescheduled to March 18-24, 2018.
A few double rooms may be available March 18-24 for additional skiers interested in joining the group. Trip cost would be $1300/per person (double room) and includes 5 lift tickets, lodging, tips, parties, and transfers. Not included are breakfast, lunch, dinners, personal expenses, a ticket upgrade to ski at Alta and air fare estimated to be $600 departing from Madison.
A deposit of $600 would be needed now, with a balance due on January 15. A reservation form for the March 18-24 trip is available at -> 2018March-AltaSnowbird.
Snowbird and Alta will be the first trip of the 2017-2018 ski season. These resorts located in Little Cottonwood Canyon in the Wasatch Mountains near Salt Lake City are known for their early season great snow.
Here are the details – Fly in and out of Madison on United through Denver into Salt Lake City, UT. We depart on Saturday Dec 9 at 8:50 a.m. and return late Friday night (10:50 p.m.), December 15. This helps us avoid the Salt Lake City Saturday crowds on the mountain.
Lodging is at the Inn at Snowbird. We will have a special welcome function hosted by Snowbird. Five days of lift tickets are Included with the lodging and a sixth day is available free (we should be able to ski until 1-2 p.m. on Friday). For those not wanting to ski all five days, you can receive a credit in the form of a Snowbird SPA gift card ($43) for each day you do not ski! No skiing at all- you get a Spa Gift card for $213.
Also if you wish to ski Alta a few days, your ticket can be upgraded to do this for approximately $39/day. The resorts interconnect at the top. (Alta has not set rates at this time). Altitude at the Inn at Snowbird is about 8,000 ft so lower than some areas with 3200 vertical feet of skiing!
Cost for Snowbird / Alta:
- $1718 per person, (add $432 for a single room)
- Send your $600 deposit by August 1 and you will receive a $100 early bird discount. Balance due October 15. No refunds after September 1.
- Update – as of 9/26/17, we can additional skiers prior to November 1!
- 5 or 6 days of lift tickets!
- Round-trip air – Madison/Denver/Salt Lake City on United. ($500 credit if you get your own)
- Transfers to and from the SLC airport.
- 6 nights lodging at the Inn at Snowbird.
- Three MadCity Ski Club Apres Ski parties with beverages & snacks and a welcome reception.
- Tips .. for all breakfasts, baggage handling & room attendant gratuities.
- Breakfasts, lunches, dinners and personal expenses
- Ticket upgrade(s) to ski at Alta
Membership in the MadCity Ski Club is required to participate in a club trip. Membership is free and you can join here.
Our trip coordinators will be Rick and Peg Daluge of Daluge Travel. Please print and complete the reservation form and send with deposit to:
Reservation Form: 2017SnowbirdAlta-Reservation
5321 Fairway Dr.
Madison, WI 53711